Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.
Empty Dreams, Displayed: The Cold

Friday 22 October 2010

The Cold

This week I have a cold.  It came about on Wednesday morning - actually, more the night before when the blocked nose woke me and stopped me from getting much sleep.  I woke up stiff, achy, unable to breathe with tension headaches.  I was not a happy person.  And as luck would have it, Wednesday is one of the 2 days I have a lecture, so I couldn't really miss it as that would be like missing a whole week for that subject, which I'm just not going to do.

So I made myself a cup of coffee, dosed up on vitamin C and went to uni.  I came home completely shattered but at least I'd remembered to buy myself a pizza for dinner, which Chris cut up for me (I don't know if I'll ever get over how lucky I am to have him).  That night I went to bed early.  Thankfully I only woke up once or twice.

Thursday was better.  I still had the cold but it wasn't affecting my whole body, just my nose and head.  So going to uni for 4 hours of learning about Victorian Sex wasn't that bad, and definitely interesting.

And today?  I've been resting.  My nose hasn't been as annoying but I have general M.E.ness which happens a lot on Fridays as I recover from the chaos uni leaves my body in.  I'm tired but motivated which is never fun - who wants to be too ill to do what they've been avoiding, yet now want to do?  You see my problem.  I don't think that has anything to do with the cold, just the M.E.

So that's been my week - exciting, huh?

1 comment: