Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.
Empty Dreams, Displayed: A Good Morning

Friday 23 July 2010

A Good Morning

I had the most wonderful morning.  I woke up early - 8 0'Clock early (I normally get up between 10am and midday).  After going to the toilet I realised that I wasn't going to be going back to sleep.  I don't know why my body wouldn't let me, it just wouldn't.  So I got up and had my museli and a cup of coffee.  I haven't had coffee at home for a while; I don't normally get up early enough for it (I'm not really supposed to have caffeine after midday).  I was shortly joined by Chris and we went into the lounge and turned on the TV.

The only thing that we could find on was 'The Time Machine' - a film based on H.G.Wells' story.  I wasn't sure about it but Chris said it was good and I figured it couldn't hurt.  It was brilliant.  It had all the right elements - historical dress, almost-now future (2030) and dystopian way in the future future.  It got my heart racing in places and warming in other places.  It definitely made getting up completely worth it.  And to top it off, when that film finished we watched the second part of Ice Age:Age of Dinosaurs for a little light relief.

Even though I crashed this afternoon, the morning was definitely worth it and I hope I remember the warm feeling of sitting there with my coffee and the man I love, enjoying some time to ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. I saw The Time Machine a few years ago and enjoyed it. I haven't seen the second Ice Age film (or the third for that matter). Glad the quality viewing made your morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love discovering a great movie, especially when I approach it with low expectations at first. I'm glad you had such a nice morning!

    ReplyDelete