Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.
Empty Dreams, Displayed: Very Long Day

Friday 16 July 2010

Very Long Day

Yesterday was a very long day - Chris and I decided we wanted to go somewhere different for a day so we got on a bus, expecting an hour's journey, to a nearby(ish) large town.  The one hour journey took two hours.  But surprisingly we didn't get that bored.  Although we didn't talk a whole lot on the way there I find that travelling by bus relaxes me and I enjoy thinking about nothing without the worry of where to get off (I have a fear of missing my stop so it's a luxury to not have to worry for a while coz you know you're not getting there anytime soon).  Once we were there we did a little shopping - ok, I did a little shopping.  We then went to Costa for a coffee and sit down to rejuvenate me.  Followed by more shopping.  Followed by Pizza Hut - we weren't impressed by what we had and now I remember why I rarely go there anymore.  Followed by more shopping.

Unfortunately my journey back was ruined a little by the weird man in front of us.  He turned around and accused me of not being English and being rude for speaking jibberish behind him.  As I'm pretty rubbish at all other languages I was quite offended (and besides, it's none of his business if I'm talking a different language).  I think it was because although we were talking a lot, we were also talking quitely so as not have our every word heard by the rest of the bus.  Personally I feel that that was us being polite and he was the rude one.  Anyway - really needed to rant about that because I'm just so mad at him (am so glad I have this space to bitch about stuff like this).

When we got back, the house was empty except for Chris' mum so we decided to watch the DVD I had bought - 'Kate and Leopold'.  It's one of my favourites but my brother Spud always complains that I'm wearing down his video of it - don't worry, I don't need to now, I have my own copy (with all the extras).  This cheered me up a lot and put the weird guy on the bus to the back of my mind for a while.  We then spent some time online followed by lots of hugs and snuggles - the best bit of the day.

So overall I had a great time.  I discovered that I don't mind travelling to go somewhere for not particularly long as it's a chance to get out of the house and enjoy the fact that I can.  And as a bonus, I'm not feeling that bad today.  Sure, I ache, but that's expected.  But I'm still awake and able to read and write so I'm definitely happy - though I won't be that surprised if it catches up with me soon.

Other things I bought - Spud's birthday present, Little One's birthday present, book - 'Burton on Burton' (which has some of his original pictures in!) and a cookie book with 50 recipes in that I can't wait to try out while I'm at uni.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a good day overall, but I'm shocked at the rudeness of the man on the bus. How dare he speak to you that way!

    I haven't got Spud's birthday present yet. He asked for some decent (expensive) headphones, but has now told me I can get some £3 ones from the car boot. That means I have to have a complete rethink! Lol. I've got lots of ideas though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are a little paranoid, aren't they? I don't understand how people can think it's rude, even if you were speaking in a different language. You are not entitled to speak in English so others can eavesdrop on conversations that are none of their business, are you? I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete