Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.
Empty Dreams, Displayed: New Places

Monday 12 July 2010

New Places

The thing I love most about being away from either of my hometowns is discovering places.  Not just any places, but cafes.  I'm a sucker for a good cafe - probably because I have to sit down so often and I like to do so with a drink and atmosphere.  So today, needing to leave the house, Chris and I went into town specifically for a Wimpy milkshake.  I have to say I've not been impressed with it's food but the milkshakes are definitely worth it.  We then went round a few shops until I absolutely had to sit down again.  We headed for a patisserie which is apparently fantastic, only to find that they were about to close.  So we hopped across the road to a cafe called 'Fountain'.  We didn't know what to expect, but decided it seemed as good as anywhere and there was space. 

The worst thing about this cafe was that there wasn't any air conditioning on so we swelted through the food.  But that is really as bad as it got.  I ordered something with a name I can't remember (spinach and feta in filo pastry) from the starter menu as I had only become hungry by the smells of the food cooking.  It was fantastic.  Seriously the best whatever-it's-called ever.  I've had similar things from supermarkets but I think this was homemade, well presented and they used fresh spinach.  Chris and I have already decided that we will be going back there for lunch or dinner.

So anyway, back to what I was saying at the beginning.  I love discovering new places to eat and drink but find that when I'm at home I have to make an extra effort to find somewhere new as it is just so easy to go to your usual place which you know is reliable and yummy rather than risk somewhere you don't know anything about.  Wow, that was a long sentence, should really try and watch my grammar in future.  So anyway, do you find the same?  That when you're in a new place you love exploring but when you're at home you forget to check if there is anywhere else?

No comments:

Post a Comment