Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.
Empty Dreams, Displayed: Growing & Baking

Friday 20 August 2010

Growing & Baking

While I'm now staying with my family, the baking bug hasn't worn off, despite the overly-full kitchen and the extra effort it takes as I have to find the workspace and the oven before I can begin.  I'm also beginning to get a little more confident with my cakes - this has taken me a few years to be confident enough to say 'oh, there's not enough caster sugar, I'll use half caster and half granulated'.  I also wanted to add a kick so sqeezed some lemon juice into both the cake mixture and the icing, tasting it until it felt right.  I used a recipe from my memory.  This is all really big stuff for me.  But the biggest was using an icing pipe.  That's right, I piped the icing and even though it was my first time they came out pretty good and looked so yummy (the icing cleverly covered where I'd left them in the oven a little too long).  So now all that's left is to show some pictures.  So here you are, I won't keep you waiting any longer (assuming you didn't skip the writing to just look at the scrumminess of the cakes).





1 comment:

  1. And those cakes were as tasty as they look! Great work Bethany!

    ReplyDelete