Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.
Empty Dreams, Displayed: Heat and Thoughts

Sunday 22 August 2010

Heat and Thoughts

Today is hot, swelteringly hot.  When I woke up in the night I heard and saw the rain coursing down hard, straight and fast and held high hopes of a day of rain.  Unfortunately by the time I got up (8.30am because it was that hot) the sun was slowly drying every drip from the grass and the leaves.  While beautiful it means my room is a sauna.  Yet that is where I am, albeit in pajamas, as it is my room and it's the place I feel most comfortable.  I love the posters and the piles of books and the stuff, stuff, stuff. Okay, so maybe I don't love the stuff that clutters around me, but it is still my room.  At least for now. 

I've started tidying it in the hope of making my job easier next year when I will be officially moving out after uni finishes.  I don't spend a lot of time here now but as I return every holiday it is still my room.  Next year it will be my mum's room (I think).  Everything I don't take or get rid of will be boxed into a corner for storage - and the only reason I won't be taking everything I own is because I own one hell of a lot of stuff!

It feels premature to be worrying about something that won't be happening for another year but I am fast learning how quick a year goes when you are focusing on education.  And this is the last time I will (probably) be at home for more than a week or so unless I am packing.  I am looking forward to the future but I can't help but look around me and notice all the things I'm going to miss, and some that I'm not in my family home.  (Before you ask, my family comes under the 'things I'm going to miss' part - most of the time.)

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to how you feel because I've just been through this! It is a very scary and exciting time of life, and the year leading up to a big move goes by very quickly indeed so it's good that you are beginning to think about it and make plans!

    ReplyDelete